Putaruru Gospel Chapel was founded in 1933 when the Alexanders moved into the area they named "Wiltsdown". They started worship services in their home, inviting Evangelists on their horse drawn Gospel buggies to speak.
Due to the petrol shortage in WW2, it was decided to move the fellowhip to Putaruru so in 1951 the first building was erected.
The first full time Pastor was Graham and Jenny Jacobsen in 1983 followed by Howard and Jill Goold in 2005. in January 2015 Kent and Maree Crawford joined us and are still here at present. Jimmy Maithya joined us as an associate pastor in 2020 with his wife Milly.